Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oh family of mine, how I love thee! I feel like I start my letters all the same exact way. This week was been a good week! We are still teaching Ramzel, the 12 year old golden boy. He didn't come to church on Sunday because his mom was sick. He didn't know where it was on his own and didn't want to go alone, so we had to push his baptism back one Sunday. When we told him we had to...he was devastated! You should have seen his face. BUT...he understands. Come to find out...his father isn't even a member!!!!! So we're hoping to add him to our teaching pool this week.

Irwin is awesome, and starting to open up to us more with each teaching. At first I thought he was kind of hard-hearted and doing things for the wrong reason, because it was expected of him. The more I get to know him the more I realize he's one of those guys who just doesn't like to feel all mushy and warm inside. He feels a little out of place when he has to talk about his feelings, and I ALWAYS have him talk about his feelings. haha! You have to when you're teaching investigators to gauge where they are! Anyway, he's excited about his baptism. As are we! :)

This week we received the most glorious referral ever! A true answer to prayer! Just last week I started praying for a family to teach because I haven't ever taught a real good sized family with children old enough to be baptized. Well, Heavenly Father immediately answered my prayer. When I say immediately, I mean it. The next day we receive a text from our zone leaders asking if we had an appointment that day at 4pm. We didn't. They said they had a referral from an investigator of theirs who lives in our area. SO we met them at their apartment, the investigator came with us and showed us a house and I asked if they were his friends, turns out its his family! They are a family of 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the oldest son. We have met all but two of the children in the family and all but two of the children are old enough to be baptized. It's amazing! They are amazing! They have definitely been prepared. We have only taught them twice, but they have true desires to learn truth and they are so welcoming to us whenever we show up. It's amazing! We have great hope and faith for them! :) They were really surprised to hear me start speaking Ilonggo...they asked the elders how I knew it and Elder DelosSantos told them my dad was Philippino..hahaha...then he immediately told them he was lying. haha! They're just amazing. I think it will take awhile to get them to baptism, but then again...by the power of God and the conversion through the spirit, maybe not. Time will tell!

I can't believe we're already halfway through this transfer....time is seriously flying. I got chills all over my body when I read that there is another temple in the Philippines!!! I"m a part of this work!!! It's such a huge blessing. I can't wait to hear everyone's reaction on Saturday and Sunday when they hear about it. I am more than excited for General Conference and I will let you know what talks were my favorites...even if you don't want to know..I'm telling you! :) ha!

Alright family, if I were to die tomorrow..which I won't..there's way too much to do in La Carlota, but IF I were....my final words would be... LIVE THE GOSPEL!!!!!!!! If people would just realize the joy it brings, they blessings they could witness. The Lord doesn't care so much about what you've done, that is why He's provided the Atonement! Just come to Him! Repent, through the Atoning blood of His Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, and come to Him! I love you all so much. Share the message of hope we have in the gospel. Find time each day to testify of truth to Someone...you're great! Until next week, God Speed!

All My Love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment