Sunday, October 17, 2010

Alright family, sorry I didn't get the chance to email yesterday. We had to go to Bacolod and as usual, the day was long and the travel out there took forever and we didn't get time to email. So here I am on a beautiful Tuesday emailing my little heart out to the people I know and love. Life is way good though. So I think I said in the last email that we extended baptism for the Angelico family, if not, we did! and they accepted! It was a true example of their faith because they haven't yet received an answer for themselves IF the Church is true, however they are very serious with their decision and their daughter, Mara, knows it's true. She's remarkable. Their oldest son also knows its true, the one the elders are currently teaching. It's beautiful to see the people that the Lord prepares.

Speaking of which, this leads me into a spiritual experience we were able to be a part of this week. On Wednesday we had a specialized training here in La Carlota. I love these trainings because they are especially for targeting problems in our areas. We have training in the morning and then we had lunch, went out and applied to the training for an hour and then came back to evaluate. For the hour we went out to work we were to find brand new investigators by following the spirit and extend baptism to them in the first teaching. Well, this is all from the new training. So I have had good experiences with this new training. I was pretty excited to go out and try this, and little nervous to be honest. So we went out, and the elders apparently had a sister who was suppose to work with them, didn't work out, she went with us for our hour. We were walking down a part of our area that we have many less actives and we had in our mind a name of a referral to contact. He wasn't home. So we kept walking down the street. We talked to maybe 5 or 6 other people, offered the message, the invitation to teach, they all said they were busy, or didn't want to listen. We talked to another man for awhile who was collecting trash, but he didn't live anywhere in our area. SO...we just kept walking. At one point Sister Jackson turned to me and said, "Sister Stadler, where are we going?" To which I thought to myself.." "..That's a valid question..." and I responded.."Yeah..I have no idea. I'm just following the spirit." So we walked..for quite awhile...one street someone pointed to and said we'd been down that street before and I had the feeling to just keep walking. So we kept walking down another street and then Sister Jackson said, "We could go visit Andrew's wife." Andrew is our 2nd counselor in the branch presidency. His wife is not yet a member. We had never been to his house before.

I asked a boy on the street if he knew the family, he didn't. I asked if we could teach him, his mother came out and asked who we were and everything, then....his grandma came out the door, took one look at us and immediately stepped backward into her house screaming for us to leave. So I tried to just resolve the issue by being kind...the woman then told us to walk away...twice and then said...as if we couldn't understand their language.."MAG-GO!" hahahahaha! Well, needless to say we were a little...flustered. Not because of the rejection, but because we had like 15 minutes until we were suppose to report back at the church and I kept thinking, "Just have faith! The Lord prepares people...keep working up until the last minute." And sure enough, the Lord did prepare someone. The member who was working with us happened to know a home of another member in branch one and she knew where Andrew's home was, which happened to be right across the street from her. We went over there, Andrew's wife wasn't home. When we walked into the home there was a thin girl who went immediately into another room and closed the door. As I set up an appointment to come back and teach Andrew's wife, the member with us asked who the "thin" girl was. He said she watched the children when they were at work. She then asked if we could teach her for a moment. I will forever be grateful she did.

Rona came out and sat with us and I did the intro and asked if we could teach her for a moment. She allowed us to. She was so sweet and shy. She is 20 years old and you could tell she was just kind-hearted. We proceeded to teach her. The spirit was so strong. Right from the beginning of the lesson as I was teaching about how she was a child of God and that God knew who she was and how He loved her. She started to tear up. I thought nothing of it and continued. The lesson continued to just get more powerful and the spirit was strong and by the end of the lesson I had no doubt that I was suppose to extend a specific baptismal date for her. So we did, and she presented the concern that she wasn't going to be in town for the weekend. THAT was her only concern. When I asked her right before extending the baptismal date what she was feeling...this was right after I talked about the first vision and taught about Joseph Smith, she burst into tears and actually excused herself from the room. The spirit was thick, she came back and she was just smiling and still crying. It was a remarkable experience. She has a baptismal date set for November 13th. We are incredibly excited for her! We were suppose to teach her this week but she went back to her home town for awhile because shes been sick. BUT...Pray for Rona. Add her to the list! :)

As for Irwin, his baptismal date was pushed back. He got drunk the night before general conference. I wish I could type more about the wonderful feast conference was, but I need to go. holy amazing conference though!!!!! MY GOODNESS!!! It went by so fast! I love you all so much, This gospel is such a personal and powerful gospel! I love this work. Life is good! I am glad everyone is doing well. Keep me updated. Until next week, The church is true, Christ lives! Share the message!
GOD SPEED! :)

All my love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment