Sunday, November 7, 2010

Family family, how I love thee! So this week was pretty crazy with transfers and all that jazz. I, once again, am staying in my area and with Sister Jackson. We're pretty happy about that. Sister Ball was contacted the night before transfers and was told that she was transferring instead of Sister Nethercott. Gotta love revelation. So Sister Nethercott was already packed and ready to go, but she had to unpack everything. But...Sister Ball was pretty happy. She was ready to get out of that area. It was really good to see her this last week. We sang for the departure meeting for the October batch, it was amazing! The spirit was so strong and it was SO hard to say goodbye to each of those elders that were leaving. Each of them have had an impact in my life and So many of them were leadership for me, which has helped me to be a better missionary from following their examples. We all miss them dearly, but they promised to write.....ha! we'll see if that happens. (elders, if you're reading this... don't take offense..keep the promise and just write! haha! Also, Elder Wade!!!! How is your dad? No fair telling me about that. What's going on? He's in my prayers.) The real world hits them and you know...people tend to forget about missionaries. haha! Luckily, I have the best family in the world and you have not forgotten about me.

Amanda, big big lameness that you were late for your appointment! hahahaha! I made a big deal about it and printed it out, not reading any of it and then was on the back of a motorcycle on a trik reading it trying to find out if my guess what right only to find out.....I'd have to wait another week. ha! Oh well, now next week you better not be late. Paul, just when i think your children couldn't possibly get any cuter..they do! A giraffe???? REALLY?! K and Kaitlin is stunning! lock her up now! Man I miss children. The children here are so cute, and all I want to do is pick them all up and love them to death....but I've weaned myself from doing so. It will make it all the more sweet when I get home. I'm excited for your Ward mission plan! Way to be proactive. I never realized how important that calling is to the ward until I came on the mission. You've got your work cut out for you, but...kaya mo na! (you can do it!) Even when the members are being ridiculous, keep it up! Don't lose hope! So often members get burned into their mindset that certain families just don't want to come back..they aren't interested. Well that's Satan whispering in their impatient little ears. People want to feel appreciated and sometimes they just need to feel love before they are willing to make that huge first step back. Too often people feel they are a statistic to the church, if only the members would take time out of their "all too busy" schedule...simplify...(to quote an apostle) ...and choose one family to focus on and fellowship and participate in the Lord's work. AH! Missionary work will be a huge part of my life for the rest of my life. Alright, mom, If you were here, I would have you come speak at our missionary firesides as well. :) You have become so good about missionary work. I love it! Keep it up! I love getting spiritual uplift from all of you. Robyn, I never received the letter from Sara and Sam and all the girls when they were all there with you. They usually email you a copy no? Maybe you could resend it? I received your dear elder about the competition! NATIONALS!!!! My goodness that is crazy! I wish I could have seen it in person. Well, next time you'll be prepared. ;) no? Also, I'll be writing you a letter sometime within in the next couple weeks about the other things in the letter. Sean, you're amazing! How are you? Thank you for helping me in my mission. I'm a little jealous you're all in sweater weather, since I'm still...well...still Sister Stadler just sweating my way through life. ha!

This week we had the baptism of Ramzel A. Pangantihon. He is amazing!!! The baptism was a little rough starting out an hour late, the norm here, and then during the 2nd talk we had a brown out. IT was after 6 at night so it was completely black here. BUT...the work will continue! So this was the elder's first baptism he had ever done, and while one of the witnesses held a flashlight into the font, Ramzel was baptized! Sister Jackson and I sang a musical number, (our voices blend incredibly well together..sometimes I force her to sing with me! haha!) The Spirit was very strong and later, when we visited him on Monday, he couldn't even put into words what he felt. I love that little boy! I heard today from a sister serving in Bago that Japhet, one of my favorite converts, is now a counselor in the Young Mens' presidency and that Irene Valdevieso and her husband have a date set to be sealed in the temple!!!!! I don't think a missionary could ever get better news!

The work was small this week, many meetings and such, but it was good. This next week we're really excited to dive into our CMIS sheet and contact less actives. We have days set for just less active work and we're excited to see what the Lord has in store for us. Mom, I'm confused what you mean about changing islands....I have never once changed islands. haha! I'm still on Negros Occidental. Jennie changed islands, but that's to Iloilo. It does get to raining really hard here in LaCarlota. BUT..we're way safe. No flooding in our area as of yet. I don't have much else to add. Life is wonderful and I am head over heels in love with this gospel. I'll share one thing from my personal study. I was reading in Mormon 6, these verses specifically:

7 And it came to pass that my people, with their wives and their children, did now behold the aarmies of the Lamanites marching towards them; and with that awful bfear of death which fills the breasts of all the wicked, did they await to receive them.

8 And it came to pass that they came to battle against us, and every soul was filled with terror because of the greatness of their numbers.

9 And it came to pass that they did fall upon my people with the sword, and with the bow, and with the arrow, and with the ax, and with all manner of weapons of war.

10 And it came to pass that my men were hewn down, yea, even my aten thousand who were with me, and I fell wounded in the midst; and they passed by me that they did not put an end to my life.

I was amazed and as I read I began to see the battle before my own eyes. I cannot imagine what Mormon felt watching his own people obliterated. The verse that gets me is 7 and 8...the awful fear of death and the terror..knowing they would die in their wickedness. Can you see it? Can you see the armies coming down to face them and their hearts full of terror and sorrow? As I read this I immediately pictured in my mind the Savior in Gethsemane. There were over 230,000 people who were killed that day, and the Savior suffered for each of them individually. He felt that terror, that fear they were experiencing at that very moment. He already suffered for them! If they would have only put their burdens on the Lord, turned to Him through repentance. They may have still died, but the fear could have been swept away. Mormon and Moroni amaze me.

I love the Book of Mormon and I love how it relates to us no matter what trials we are experiencing. This week, let us all find something we are willing to give up, something to repent of, something to CHANGE...for repentance IS change...so we can become a little more like Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. Come unto Him and feel the joy of His redeeming love. I know this church is true! I love it and I enjoy every moment I have to share that with others. I miss you all and I pray for you, but I know you are in the Lord's hands and I have no reason to fear. Share the gospel and make the most of the time the Lord has given to you! Until next week, God Speed! :)

All my love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment