Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family, oh family, have I got some news for you. Perhaps you will not be as excited as I am, but, Erwin Joguilon had his baptismal interview and....HE PASSED!!!!! Not just barely passed...no...he is prepared. He passed with flying colors. I honestly do not feel like I have ever worked so hard and prayed so hard and cried so hard with an investigator in my entire mission. Erwin has been taught for over 8 transfers an he was not progressing at all. Something changed when the Sisters started teaching him. Not sure what Sister Jackson and I did to help him, but whatever we did through the spirit, it worked. He was just ready when we arrived I feel, but someone had to fan the flame. He is so excited and we are overwhelmed with joy for him. Feb 5, 2011 is his baptismal date at 5 pm. You're all invited! hahahaha!

As for the Branch, they are doing beautifully. They are progressing slowly and seeing small miracles unfold. Visiting teaching and Home teaching are starting this next week. The Rescue started last week and they are already reaping the fruits of their labors and are excited to see the fruit. We are just elated to see this little branch starting to take control of themselves. The poor family we were working with that didn't have food, the Pacheo's have now moved into a nicer apartment and are planning to go to the temple in May. They are excited and they are doing great things and progressing like crazy. They even gave us a referral for their sister.

I will finish the scripture challenge tonight. I have 17 pages left. President had us read the Book of Mormon in 2 months highlighting the words Jesus Christ, Repentance and Faith. Tonight is the last night of the challenge. I always love reading the Book of Mormon in such a condensed amount of time. The storyline just plays out perfectly. I am in the last few chapters of Ether right now and I'm gearing up for my favorite chapters in Moroni. OH HOW I LOVE THIS BOOK! If the world could only understand the great meaning behind it.

Well, as for the housing situation...turns out President didn't approve the houses for 2 reasons, 1- it was too nice for missionaries. 2- it was too close to the elders, therefore possibly causing future problems with sister/elder relationships. SOOOO...bad news, we have 1 week to find house and nothing seems to be available. We will be fasting yet again to find a home and that is our main priority. SO..this week we'll be teaching our investigators with a baptismal date and then house searching all day until we find one. Its a little....stressful, but once again, with no house, no missionaries. There has to be something out there...a house just waiting for sweet little sisters to live in it. Maybe there is a reason it has taken us this long, maybe we're suppose to meet families to teach...we have met a few. Regardless, this week, we'll find a house.

I don't have much else to add. We've been working hard this week. President put me in charge of 2 other choir numbers, one with missionaries and one with the district members in our branches in La Carlota district. I was a little worried about that...but these singers are incredibly talented. It is going to be beautiful.

I have been teaching Sister Christofferson and Sister Freeman some sign language and trying to remember things....man I miss that. They have been picking that up quickly.

Last night we made lumpia. It's like a small deep fried eggroll....yes..I'm making that when I get home. They are way good! We decided to made some dessert lumpia...which no one does here, but you know...we're American women....there has to be dessert. So we put some banana and sugar and cinnamon in a pan and cooked that up real nice and then deep fried it. HEAVEN!!!! We decided we're gonna make a small business outside of BYU campus called "LUMPIA LANG" which means...only lumpia. Then we'll have all different types of lumpia, savory and sweet. That won't happen, but....we will definitely be making some at home. Imagine if you will....and pumpkin pie lumpia...Ooh Ooh!! Strawberry cheesecake...or Strawberry Rhubard. MAN...strawberries....I don't even remember what those taste like. So many fun things to reunite with.

Christopher and Rex and Ricky are all doing well. Ricky has an interview with President Tobias and he'll see if he is able to be baptized. We're praying for him. We feel like he's really capable of it. We'll see. That will be after the Mission Tour Fireside with Elder Teh on the 8th of February. Keep the house in your prayers. I hope you're all doing well. You all sound like you're doing great. You're all awesome and I love you. I miss you all, but the weeks are going by way too fast. On Sunday I was sitting in the back with my beautiful companion and I just lost it. A woman gave the most beautiful prayer I think I've heard since I've been here. She was honestly conversing with her Heavenly Father for the entire congregation. When the prayer ended I looked at these remarkable people I have been greatly blessed to learn from and study with and laugh with....they will never know the impact they will have on the rest of my life. Heavenly Father knows what He's doing when He sends His missionaries out into the world. Until next week, be good, look for someone to serve daily and ...GOD SPEED!
all my love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment