Sunday, January 30, 2011

Alright folks that I love so dearly. Here we are again, another week over and its been said I have 5 little tiny weeks left. It's that time where every single person I know seems to be asking me when I am going home and to be honest, it doesn't bother me anymore. Just like a wise person told me, put your nose the grindstone and work a little harder each time you hear it. AND SO I SHALL! :) The only weird thing is planning events in the branch that are past my returning date. WEIRD!

Oh...speaking of which! Good news!! Mom, the branch just found out that their travel will be completely paid for for the temple trip!!!!!!!!!!!! What a huge blessing no? I was so excited to hear about that. They could however use some money for extra white shirts and ties for priesthood if possible. That won't be nearly as expensive. In our branch council meeting they brought up the need for a skirt for one sister who is planning on going to the temple. I said I could give her one of mine and have it re-sized first. I asked what size she was and they all said, "Sister, you are....not the same size. You are...uh..." HAHAHA! I laughed really hard and said, "Oo, GANI! Tambok ako! Pero tani may fitting anay tapos ihatag ko sa iya!" oops..I mean..."Yes, obviously! I'm fat! but hopefully I can get it fitted before I give it to her." President Tumunong laughed and said, You're not fat sister! You're...uh....how light you are!!!!" ha! followed by a comment, "Sister! You're not fat, you're..American Standard!" They were way funny! No one here is sensitive about their weight, and to be honest...its helped me a lot here. They are way funny! Of course we're all huge compared to everyone here. BUT, we all had a good laugh about it. Sister Christofferson leaned over and said, "Oh man...only in the Philippines would they be discussing your weight in a Branch Council Meeting." haha! I love her and I love the people here! My goodness I will miss them.

As for this week. Thank you so much for your prayers! WE FOUND 2 HOUSES!!!! We were sent on a hunt for 2 different houses and up to this week we haven't even found one. BUT, we fasted and prayed and you all prayed and Heavenly Father definitely provided, as he always does. They are some of the most beautiful homes I can ever seen in the Philippines and for an incredibly affordable price. We are greatly blessed. We are waiting to see if President approves, but we are excited to move in this next week hopefully. It was funny how it worked, neither homes were available for rent, but Sister Christofferson and I talked to the owners and they changed their minds. I never thought in a million years that I would be house hunting on my mission. Let me tell you, apartment searches after the mission are going to be a breeze!!!!! Imagine just logging onto a computer and pulling up all available apartments in the area by the click of a mouse. That is hard for me to imagine. We had the spend lots of proselyting time looking for houses, so this week's work was slower, but next week it should pick up.

Our investigators with a baptismal date are all progressing nicely. Rex and Erwin are both doing great, going to church and loving life. Erwin's date is coming up quickly and we're excited for him. Keep him especially in your prayers. He's doing great with the word of wisdom, but we all know how Satan works in those last few weeks before the baptism and especially right after the baptism as well. Christopher continues to amaze me. His questions are so well thought out and he ALWAYS has questions when we show up. He is now involved with fellowshipping other less active members and investigators. He is golden. This boy reads daily and loves it and in his prayer a few weeks ago actually included that Quincy, a less active friend of his, would realize what's important and come to church and read. She did. :)

Sean, have you found out if you can come to Utah yet? I sure hope so. I've been praying for it. I hope your work has picked up some. How is the economy doing in the US right now anyway? Is work still hard to find? Are stocks starting to pick back up or what? We're out in our own little world out here.

We have no idea what is going on. We heard there have been many storms and natural disasters lately. Does this surprise anyone? Let's take a look at the wickedness of the world. My goodness...the responsibility we have to teach the gospel is tremendous isn't it? And at times it can almost feel more like a burden, no? We're far from perfect, we constantly fall and sin and have so many weaknesses, and yet, we know the truth, and the truth is perfect, so..we must share this beautiful message of hope with others. Step up to the challenge and share the message! :) You will find more joy in that than in any other way man could ever provide.

So nothing too funny happened this week. We were walking one day and had a dog come out of a bush and start running and barking full speed at us. We don't usually have problems with dogs, but this one was angry. It has little baby puppies so we're sure it was just protective. Serves me right for whistling while walking...haha! Well, luckily my companion is the dog whisperer. While I started walking faster and pulled out my umbrella to beat the dog to death she simply turns around and makes a noise that the people do here and the dog starts lunging at her snapping and she does it again and immediately it retreats. Much better alternative to dog innards all over my umbrella.

Also, today I had to go to the city to get my final x-rays. You have to get a set of x-rays to make sure you don't have TB before returning to the states. FUN FUN! But yeah...its over and I'm not too scarred. love you all!!!! The shop is closing. Big hugs and kisses!!! God speed!!!!

Love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment