Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well, transfer announcments are here and...drum roll please............. I'm STAYING IN LA CARLOTA AND......SISTER CHRISTOFFERSON IS KILLING ME OFF!!!!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!! I'm way excited and happy..releaved really. But here it is...my last transfer. I can't believe its here and the last transfer felt like it took 4 days to get through. I'm sure it will go even faster. We went to a departure meeting yesterday for Elder Theobald and his batch. He talked to me after and said, "Sister, these next 6 weeks will be the fastest of your whole mission. They fly by.." SO! I'm just holding on and working harder than ever before.

There were only 2 departing missionaries from America. President said in his talk, "This is the hugest batch of foreigners ever...(laughter)." Then he said, "And next transfer will be the record breaking largest foreign departure...Sister Stadler. I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance to bear your testimony in this meeting, but this upcoming transfer, in every leadership training we have I want you to bear your testimony." Not sure what that means, but...whatever. ha! There are only 2 of us leaving next transfer, Sister Canaya and I. So yes mom, I will be flying home alone. I'm a little worried, I hate trying to make flight changes, but the mission looks after its missionaries, AND.....good grief I have been watched over here. We know Heavenly Father will watch over me on the flight home. President gave me the option of staying either an additional transfer and going home with Sister Ball or staying an additional 3 weeks and flying home with my batch from IloIlo mission, Jennie?! But...I want to be there so bad for the birth of little nameless baby boy Anderson! :) And I figured you wouldn't like me to stay an extra 3 weeks, so I'm just going to
exercise my faith and make the most of it.

This week was full of craziness. We had exchanges this last week, which after much prayer, I followed a prompting and I had and it turned out to answer many prayers for many sisters. I LOVE THE SPIRIT!!!!! Exchanges were a huge tender mercy for me. Going back to Bago and seeing a few people that I had taught my first transfer was...amazing. Unfortunately, some of them are now inactive because of a lack of fellowshipping. AH! Now true, they could go on their own, and I gave them a good older Sister Stadler talkin to, but Japhet....Japhet is active as ever! He's a counselor in the Young Mens and loving life. I didn't want to go around visiting, because that wasn't the purpose of exchanges. Exchanges are for training missionaries. Experienced missionaries switch into other companionships to help teach and help with concerns in the area. Well, praying beforehand I said, "Father, I would love to go see each person we taught, but let me see those Father who I need to see, if it be thy will." And it was His will.

At one point we really needed a member to come to an appointment with us and no one was in sight. I knew a member's house was around the corner. She was studying for an exam, so I knew that Japhet lived right around the corner from her, but he still had school. We went to his house and he wasn't there. My heart sunk a little bit. So I asked his neighbor if she could tell him that Sister Stadler stopped by. We then went across a large rice field towards the appointment and I
hear..."SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT LANG SIS!!!!!" And I turn around and see a little dot running across the rice field and lo and behold....it was Japhet Villarte! I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest..I was so excited. I have never wanted to hug someone so bad in my entire life....but I didn't. ha! I shook his hand, with the hugest smile ever on my face, haha, and said, "Japhet...you're still strong?!" And he said without a moments hesitation, "Yes Sister, I am. I will always be strong no matter what others choose. The church is true, I will never turn from it." I started tearing up. AH!!!!! I have always felt that I knew Japhet before. There was a connection with him. He bore a powerful testimony in the lesson we taught and testified of prophets and how we have a living prophet. His testimony had depth. It wasn't the light hearted testimony you hear many youth bear.

I was able to see many people during the day...and yes they all made comments on how I was now fluent in Ilonggo. haha! I'm not fluent...I just couldn't speak well to them before. hahaha! Anyway, it was awesome. Sister Nethercott, a sister who was on the exchange, came up to me at zone conference later in the week and said, "Sister Stadler, I know you are inspired. You don't know the number of ways that exchange helped me. You answered many specific questions I had been praying about. I wrote you a letter, but forgot it. Just know that I am very thankful."

I love this work. Zone conference was remarkable. The focus was working with the spirit. To be completely honest, I have become quite comfortable with understanding spiritual promptings. This is something I hope stays with me throughout my life. It has taken time and I have to check myself constantly to see if I am still a worthy
vessel for the spirit to dwell in. I worry that after the mission, once the mantle is removed, the spirit will speak to me in a little different way. BUT...I will find out when I get home. Its easier on a mission..the world is shut out.

This week we were also able to extend commitments to Christopher Barrientos and Rex Jayme for baptism. They readily accepted. Both are remarkable individuals. We are excited! When we committed Christopher I said, "Brother Christopher, we are so excited for you!" and he responded.."Sister, I am excited for myself!" haha! He's solid. I'll have more updates next week. Keep praying for a home for us. We've
looked at many....but they don't seem to be quite up to par....Anyway, keep praying. I love you tons.

You're all amazing. I pray for you often. Sean.....I'm a loser. I had written multiple times in various places to wish you happy birthday last week...did i? no..cause i''m a puts and forgot...but here it is...get ready... HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief I love you. Keep praying that you'll be able to go to Salt Lake for the my homecoming. I pray for it daily, multiple times. Surely Heavenly Father will find a way to answers our prayers. I love you all, until next week, GOD SPEED!!!!
All my kisses and hugs from the last 18 months,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment