Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hey family! Just finished a thrilling game of bowling...yep..scored a whoppin' 60!!! WHAT?!!!! Thats right...representing for the Stadler family even in the Philippines! Can I get a HOORAH??? This week has been ..slower, but good. Things are hard when you can't tract, it is way more difficult because you're dealing with people who already know the gospel is true but has turned away from it for one reason or another....and they either hide when you show up or they just don't want anything to do with you, or even better, they just lie to your face about coming and then they don't show up to church. BUT....we have had success with 3 families we have visited so far. So we're pretty happy about that. They have to come 4 Sundays in a row for them to be considered reactivated, and they have come 2 so far. WOO HOO! Also, we have 3 baptisms scheduled this weekend. Keep brother Antonio, sister Ayren and Brother Charlie in your prayers. Satan has been working extra hard on our investigators lately, and it seems to be the same way throughout the mission. We have had to drop a lot of people this last week. The hardest one was Antonio. I had such good and high hopes for him and yet he just wasn't progressing. He was at the beginning and we could see a real change in him. He still has changed a lot since the first day we met him, but it still hurts to let him go. We encouraged him to keep reading and coming to church and to let the missionaries know when he wants to continue. It isn't even the fact that we've spent hours praying, planning and teaching him, but the fact that I'm terrified if he will ever realize the importance of the gospel. It is terrifying to see someone blatantly walk away from truth. I will definitely be keeping him in my prayers. Well, transfer announcements are next week and I can't believe another 6 weeks is coming to an end. This is going WAY too fast to make me happy. There is a group of people who come bowling each week, they come with a group of down-syndrome children. AH...I miss Roxi like crazy every single week when I see them. They love dancing to the music that is playing. One of the boys today came up to me while we were bowling and started talking to me. We became very fast friends. Later he came up and cheered me on as I got gutter balls! haha! He was so cute. I'm beginning to wonder if I want to steer my education paths towards special education. Just a random thought lately. As for the work, we are still progressing. I feel like I'll be leaving. BUT...who knows! Amanda, I got your package and I got Scott Garder's package too! THANKS GID! It was so good to see pictures of everyone! Mom, I did get your email last week. Since we've had the new email I haven't had one problem with email yet! HOORAY! So no worries. Hooray for getting the grocery guy's name! Don't wait to take action. Follow up with him. Next time you shop there, invite him to come to church. As for JoAnne...get er done! Start walking with her. Give her a Book of Mormon. Just be straight forward with people. It is amazing to me how often people are looking for something more in their lives. (it shouldn't amaze me..because the church is true...haha..but it always does). Paul, I wrote you a beastly letter....I figured it should be beastly since I haven't written you yet...sorry! I'm a terrible person. BUT...it takes a month to get there....so...where is an address I can send it to? Just let me know. Sean, thank you so much for the mission donation! I love you like crazy and miss your face. Today I saw at truck like your white one and I had a flashback to me sitting in the front seat and you letting me choose a cd to listen to as you drove me to have a lunch date. I love you tons! You better email me soon punk. Robyn, how is work going? Any recent mexican train extravaganzas? haha! How is Samantha? How is the house search going for you? I miss you like crazy too! Well, I have very limited time this week. I'll try to include a few pictures. AMANDA...I almost forgot...even though I made a thousand reminder notes to myself... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I have a sweet surprise for you..its really little actually...but the computers are all being dumb in Bacolod, so I'll email it next week, ok? Get excited. Stop stressing over being 30, it's just a number. haha. Also, think of the amazing memories you've made in those 30 years! totally worth a few grey hairs! (And that's only the memories I'm included in! HAHA!) Hey, I'm still praying like crazy for your apartment search. You'll find one. Obedience brings blessings. I love you all more than I could ever express by email, letter, or carrier pigeon. Life is good. The church is true! The work of God continues to go forward and will continue to go forward until the "purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say, 'the work is done.'" Be positive, love life and love people! Until next time, God Speed!
All my love,
Sister Stadler

P.S. Longest brown out ever 8am-5pm on Sunday. I thought I was going to melt to nothingness. AH! Everyone stand in front of the air conditioner for me and enjoy every second of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment