Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alrighty family, another week down now and we're in the month of march already. that is...insane. this keyboard I'm using is retarded, so please do not freak because I'm not capitalizing things. Before I forget....HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY..tomorrow. :) Hooray for being 22! Do you feel old? I do. blah.
So Froilan Aliosa Gumban had this baptism this week and it went off really well. The spirit was there and we're still teaching other young men that they are referring. Most of them haven't caught the vision of the gospel yet, but a few are elect...you can tell. This week we had stake conference with Elder Keith R. Edwards there from the area presidency. He gave a really good talk that I definitely needed to hear. He said at one point, "The whole gospel message is 'NEVER GIVE UP! Keep trying. Try a little harder each day. We're on the right path, but we just need to be better." It was really good. I missed our stake conferences though. I can truly say now... "Silence is Golden" and mean it. Or perhaps i would change it to, "Reverance is Golden". It is NEVER quiet here Never...so the little moments of silence are amazing.
As for the earthquake...I'm so out of the loop. We didn't have any effects from it. I never know what is going on in the world. That BYU-Idaho devotional was quite interesting to hear about though. I keep having the impression during my study time that time is precious and things will start happening soon. This world is so corrupt and skewed in its thinking. In Elder Edwards talk he quoted a verse...I can't remember where it is, but he quoted a verse that said "that which man glorifies the Lord considers an abomination." Er..something like that. I just completely butchered that. But I started thinking about that. The scriptures prove that. The fall of man in the nations in the scriptures almost ALWAYS starts so simply with the desire for costly apparel and then goes down from there. I see that here in the Philippines. They may live in little homes that have no floor and their children don't have a lot to eat...but when they get all dressed up to go out at night they wear nice clothes, big flashy watches, etc. It is so interesting to me. Of course, it isn't just that way in the Philippines! The whole world is in that mind set. Our priorities are all messed up, and since the world isn't even remotely close to humbling themselves, I'm afraid the world will be compelled to be humble here soon enough.
Let me see..I don't have much else to share this week. We had more teachings than I have ever had before. We are truly being blessed. Life is good, this is the Lord's work. I know it is. I love you all and I keep you in my prayers. If you have specific needs that you're deeling with, let me know so my prayers can be even more specific. Dad, I'm glad you don't need surgery. Sean, are you alive and well?? haha! Write me sometime bud! I miss ya like crazy. Robyn too! How are you doing? Sammi! I think you emailed me more when I was in the US! hahaha! I love you all and hope all is going well. Enjoy these few pictures. The church is true! Christ lives! Till next week, God speed!

Always,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment