Sunday, March 21, 2010

Alright, funny story to start out this email. So last week we went to go grocery shopping and Sister Flores always buys the meat and then I go get the veggies or fruit we need--its all in the same area so we separate and we can still see each other. Well...this time I decided to go get the meet to mix it up a bit. Well..I've always been terrible and converting pounds to kilos and all that jazz. So I thought she usually gets about 1 kilo of ground beef for us so I can make my famous spaghetti during the week. Yeah....I was wrong. She usually gets a 1/4th of a kilo. Well I had some frozen veggies that I needed to use so in my head I'm thinking.."Alright...We get a normal 1 kilo..but now I'm going to extra so I can experiment with some American goodness scramble...2 kilos should do it!" HAHAHAHAHA! alright...so I step up to the counter and ask the woman for 2 kilos of ground beef. She grabs a bag and starts packing in the beef and I"m thinking.. "She's packing an awful lot of meat....wait! maybe she heard me wrong!" So I ask her to stop and to weigh it where she was at... 1.5 kilos! I realized my error, but thought, WELL....we'll just use a lot of ground beef this week. SO..slightly embarrassed I tell her that's plenty and wait for her to put the price on it. Then I hear Sister Flores.. "Sister Stadler! I already got the meat. What are you getting?" HAHAHAHA! Perfect timing. The woman plops this HUGE bag of meat on the counter. You should have seen Sister Flores' face! She looked shocked for about 10 seconds and then just burst out in uncontrollable laughter. So we ate over 2 kilos of ground beef this week. haha! That's a lot of ground beef. But it was good! :) So...now I know! Hooray for knowledge and from learning first hand.
So the weeks seems to be getting harder when it comes to the work. The wheat and the tares of definitely being sifted when it comes to our investigators. We dropped one boy this week and another 2 or 3 we might have to drop soon too. BUT...Brother Jayson Subrado was baptized on Saturday and he, and we, couldn't be happier for him! These boys who were just recently baptized: Jayson, Gino, Jeonil, Japhet, Froilan, Aram, and Antonio (who will be baptized in 2 weeks) will all have the chance of a lifetime! The youth in the Bago city stake were invited to participate in the cultural events in the Cebu temple dedication in June! They are so excited and we, as missionaries, are incredibly jealous because we are craving the temple! (seriously, when I get back, we might just have to go stay with a friend in Vegas and go to the temple for a full day!) But we are so excited for them to have the chance to be in the temple and be there when the first presidency is there to dedicate it! I have totally taken for granted how many times I have had the chance to witness temple dedications. The adults here have never witnessed one! Only a few of the real pioneers here were able to be at the Manila dedication. Amazing! So we will be able to see it on satellite because there won't be church on that Sunday, just the broadcast in the stake centers. I'm excited for that...and guess what??? GENERAL CONFERENCE IS IN LIKE...2 WEEKS!!!! GOOD GRIEF! I'm so pumped! although we don't see it when you all do...luckies....we have to wait for another week or two to have it rebroadcast here. BUT...its ok! I'm excited for it none the less. Ward one is..well...not progressing. It's pretty much ridiculous. We had interviews with President today and he may put elders in that area specifically for ward one. It's kind of sad that they won't grasp the importance of their callings, or take our gentle guidance as sisters...but somehow people tend to respond when elders tell them they need to reorganize. SO..it will be best for the ward. But sisters will still be in ward 2...which continues to thrive. Transfer announcements are coming soon! I keep having dreams that Sister Flores transfers and I stay....I'm not ok with that. If anyone should transfer..it should be me! haha! She had a dream about that too and another Elder joked about it in the office. I'm starting to worry. haha! Joke! Whatever the results, it will be great. Well, I don't have much else to add. I just love the mission. The work continues to go forth...regardless of the help from the members, and the Lord continues to prepare His elect. I love this gospel and I love the blessings that it brings. I love you all and pray for you every single night. I had a really good experience with prayer yesterday where I had a quality discussion with my Heavenly Father. As I started to pray for each of you individually I had this extreme peace come over me and I knew that you were all being watched over. The thought came to me of the promises our Loving Heavenly Father makes to those who serve Him. I love you all and I hope we can each do our parts in helping the gospel of Jesus Christ move forward. Mom, how is the produce guy? How is JoAnne too? Invite them to church! Well, my time is up. I love you I love you I love you! Stay strong! Until next week, God Speed!
All my love,
Sister Stadler

P.S. I'm finally starting to get tan! woohoo! The ward members are all commenting of how I'm getting dark and they all get this sad look on their face and I go to give them high fives with a little "WOO HOOO!!" to go along with it. haha! I love it! hooray! oh! Tara! Thank you for the cd mixes and the valentines card! I've read it only about 10 times...yeah...I'm cool like that. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment