Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh my sweet little family...how i miss thee! I am currently sitting in a mall here in Bacolod City after having our Christmas zone activity today. I can hear someone singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" downstairs...but she isn't the best singer. haha! Still...it makes me heart miss you all even more. But...the work is amazing. Things have slowed down a lot this last week. Everyone says they will meet with us and listen to the lessons..and then they just hide from us or don't show up. We're a little miffed, but we press forward with faith, knowing that if WE do everything we can, the Lord will bless us. Rodelyn was baptized this last week and how wonderful it was. Sister Sabasan and I are doing so much better. After much prayer with my All loving Heavenly Father--things have been working out better.

I miss the whole Christmas bash and scarves, sweaters, singing, eating, hot cocoa, and of course our tradition of New Year's Mexican food! AH....how i miss your food. But the food here is nami guid ...er..really good. haha! It took me awhile to adjust, but I'm good now. :)
Kyler, are you staying healthy and crying often to make sure your lungs stay good and strong? haha..just kidding.
Well family, the work is going forward. I have a true love for these people. They would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. The leadership in one of our wards is definitely struggling, and apparently they have been saying some stories about some missionaries...which is never a good thing. AH...gossip is the downfall of so many good things. I hate gossip. But I'll tell you what I do love..when people keep their commitments that they have made to the Lord. There is nothing like seeing someone get excited when they explain to you what they read in the Book of Mormon and what they understand! AH! I really feel like I am connecting to people better with each day. The language is coming so slowly...but it is coming. I know the Lord will help me. He loves us all so much, even when we aren't deserving of His love. I was reading through the conference ensign for my talk on Sunday and I read a paragraph in the last talk of President Monson that said basically that we are the Lord's hands on the earth and He needs us to do our part to bless others lives. That is so true! We must all do our part! So..my challenge to you this week is to step up to the plate and do your part, until you are to the point of exhaustion. Let us all look for not just one opportunity, but EVERY opportunity where we can be the hands of the Savior and reach out to help. This rarely has anything to do with money either...so those of us that are poor...wait..i think that's all of us right now..haha! Serve serve serve! Smile! Ask someone how they are doing...really doing...and then wait and listen for an honest answer. Do the small things and let people know they are needed and that they are cared for. So much comes from just that. We have a brother we teach sometimes, Brother Freddie, he isn't all there...we usually teach his family, but he has an issue with his mind from an accident. we were leaving the house and I shook his hand and said, "halong ka!" Take care...He grabbed my hand and said, "Mabait ka.." Which is tagalog..well I'm thinking in Ilanggo now and I couldn't think of what it meant..so I just stared at him. haha...and he said in broken English."you're nice. i like you."It was a tender mercy that I needed to hear that day. It means so much to me for people to feel my love for them, and my Savior's love for them through me. How I love being out here, even though it is ridiculously hard. I look forward to days to come. Today I was writing a letter and I realized I have been out for 3 months. I only have 15 months left! I immediately started to freak out thinking..where have I fallen short these last 3 months! Everyone says it gets faster and faster too! AH! So really fast...there was a funeral procession this last week. Well..I saw in a truck 2 women signing to each other. Well..with ASL you are suppose to sign to them if you know ASL so they know..its a respectful thing. So I signed to her, Hi, how are you. She freaked out with excitement! HAHA! So I signed to her for like 3 minutes until her truck was out of sight. It was hilarious and so fun to use it. I hope I will get called to the area her at some point. I have heard rumors that I most likely will later in the mission because it was on my mission papers. The AP's joke about it. Well, I love you tons and I can't wait to talk to you mom. I have some amazing photos coming your way. Get excited! :) I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU! I thank my Heavenly Father often that I have the blessing of being with you for eternity... BUT..we have to do our part! Do the little things, stay strong. No empty seats!! Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May God bless each of you with the righteous desires of your hearts.

All my love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment