Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oh my goodness family! The day has finally come! I can't believe my little eyes! Tomorrow (Bukas) is the day! We are all kind of experiences a flood of emotions lately. Today I lost it during the last part of the session when I realized it would be my last time to be in the temple for 16 months! I had a really spiritual experience too with the woman I went through for. The Lord is so giving with His tender mercies. Mom, don't worry. I'm trying to be better with my journal writing. I have been writing in it, but there really just isn't time every night! I hear it gets better in the field..but we'll just have to see about that! haha! My goal is to write a little something every day. Good grief I am going to miss the MTC. It has been a wonderful experience and I have been so blessed. It is interesting what Satan will do to try to destroy the work. Sister Ball and I haven't had a lick of trouble our whole companionship and yet this week Satan has been working hard on us. So..through many tears and companionship inventories we are doing really well. We are pumped to place copies of the Book of Mormon and many many many (marami) pass along cards! So one of our amazing Elders, Elder Scott, actually found part of the Philippines Dedicatory Prayer for missionary work in a talk, "Missionary Work in the Philippines" by Elder Augusto A. Lim in the November 1992 Ensign. The promises for the country and the missionaries who serve there are incredible! Sister Ball and I couldn't help but cry when we read it. I would copy and paste it here, but we don't have the pleasure of having that function! AH! One thing it does say is that.. "{the missionaries} may be clean and virtuous, that their examples may be marvelous before the people, that they may be blessed, as it were, with the 'gift of tongues', that they shall speak the language of the people, that they shall work with singleness of purpose to Thy name's honor and glory. that they shall go forth without fear, that none shall stay them, and that they shall declare with teaching and testimony, the restoration of Thy holy work for the blessing of Thy children. Father, give them joy and courage and faith and satisfaction in their labors, and make them fruitful." Then it goes on to bless the people of the land and it says beautiful blessings! So get this... President Hinckley gave the blessing on APRIL 28th 1961!! My birthday folks! Isn't that crazy? funny little coincidence! :) So read it, it is beautiful and gives us such hope. The 2nd coming is on its way and we are so blessed to be a part of the work to help direct people in righteous paths. I was reading yesterday in Peter and I found a scriptures I really liked. 1 Peter 5:5-8 I love verse 7 in particular. It says, "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.." I love that phrase. I don't remember ever reading it before. How beautiful this simple, yet profound, statement is. That Our Heavenly Father, the supreme creator of us all, cares for us! He weeps with us when we weep and He rejoices in our kaligayahan (happiness)! I love verse 14 as well, "Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen" I know we will have peace if we turn to Christ. I know it because I have felt it. We get so lost in our own self concern and pity that we often forget that this life isn't about us!!!! We signed up to come and help our brothers and sisters come to a knowledge of God and come unto Him through the Atoning Sacrifice of our Savior, even Jesus Christ! What are we actively doing at this point in our lives? Are we more concerned about finishing our schedules daily or for looking for opportunities to give and teach and love? Look this week for opportunities to share the gospel. Be bold! We forget that the people we love already know the truth! They have just forgotten it! We are here to remind them of it! It's such a beautiful blessing to be a part of the work! Do it! Push yourselves! Jump into it with both feet and love every second of it!
Ok, I have only a few seconds left to type. I can't believe as of hours from this moment I will be surrounded by the shortest and most sincerely humble individuals I have ever met and I won't be able to understand a single thing they say!! hahahaha! I know this gospel is true. I love you all so much. to those who have written and to whom I haven't responded, I'm sorry. Life is busy, but I pray for you and at some point in the future, you will hear from me. May the Lord bless you in your efforts to be righteous and to live the gospel to the best of your ability. The Savior's return is not far off. We can't afford to procrastinate! I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

The one and only (somewhat Tagalog speaking)-
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment