Sunday, August 15, 2010

Well hello!!!! I miss you all so much! Today I was reading your emails and I was thinking about what each of you were doing at the moment i was reading them, it would have been about 8:30 your time. Well my first 3 days of training are over and I'm almost done with the 4th day. :) Sister Polido is my new trainee and I'm already head over heels in love with her. The two American sisters went Cebuano speaking and President stopped during the announcement at trainers and said, "Sister Stadler.....will be training....... a Filipina!" haha He didn't even say her name at first. She's incredibly hard working and has this drive that makes me even more excited about the work. We get along really well and I'm so excited to see the work progress in our area.
I can't believe school started already!??????? What in the world is going on with the school's scheduling now days? Didn't summer last forever for us when we were in school?? And mom is already in her 1st week of seminary! Man....these children have no summer. That's a shame. I feel like we were just celebrating New Years. Where does time go? It's already August. I'm not okay with this. Next thing you know it'll be Christmas again. AH! Speaking of Christmas, and...gifts. I have a man in one of the wards here, Brother Tommy, I've talked about him singing with me before. Well his fiance is in the US and they'll be getting married in December. He's amazing. Well he sells fresh water pearls. BRITTANY AND DAVE....Dave, you asked me about black pearls before I left. Well here's the deal of a lifetime. You can buy a full set of pearls, necklace, bracelet and earrings for 1500 pesos, roughly $31. The necklace is a smaller necklace, but for the size of Brittany's neck it will be perfect. Also, if anyone else would like to order something please let me know. He's using the money to process paperwork for his moving to the US before their wedding. Ok, well, they also have large pearl earrings. They have black pearls, white, peach (my favorite), peacock and this green color. They are all natural and the earrings are 450 pesos a set, roughly $9.50! FRESH WATER PEARLS that are about the size of an m&m or the top of a golf tee. SO...let me know! They have little smaller ones too...but really..the bigger one are better. haha. Alright, moving on.
Oh my goodness, Sean, thank you so much! I'm so excited for the Jody! You have no idea how much cooler the weather is here if you're in a Jody! And they are soooo easy to clean! Also, I am in dire need of some new shoes. I wore holes through mine. haha! So thank you so much! How have you been? You haven't emailed lately, and I love getting your emails....hint hint. : ) Paul and Holly, I died laughing at the whole "bible and socks" thing. That should get to me with no problems. haha! Mom, I think I answered all your questions. OH! ..Aunt Vikki never sent the probiotics, or at least I haven't received them yet. Thanks for putting our names in the temple, our health is doing much better. As for our investigators, they are doing well! We're slowly building our pool back and Annalyn committed herself to be baptized on the 11th of September! Emalyn will be baptized on September 4th and the list just continues to grow. People are receiving answers daily to their prayers about Joseph Smith and the work continues to go forward. I love the gospel! Tender mercies come forth every day. For example, the fact that I can comfortably teach lessons with a new missionary by my side and people will not be focusing on my language, but on the message. Life is beautiful! Thank you Mom and Amanda for the music that was emailed. It is perfect! Also, I received the talk from Brother Brimhall, haven't read it yet but I will tonight in studies. thank you! :) OH Man! I almost forgot! Mom, I was joking about the ear piercing turning purple and swelling! haha! My ears are fine and the other holes are almost all the way gone now. weird no? haha! They look great! OK, but the best info ever. Sister Ball and Sister Nethercott had 3 baptisms this Saturday and we had a brown out and if there isn't electricity there isn't any water either. SO....they have a well in the back shed and we carried buckets of water and filled the font bucket by bucket. Yeah....Satan wasn't holding us back. 3 people were baptized and another child in the church too. 4 baptisms! Nothing was gonna keep them from being baptized. I love the gospel! The church is true! Share it with everyone you meet!
I'm excited you had a white wash in the area, or a double transfer as you called it. Usually that helps give a fresh start to the area. Help the missionaries out. Without members helping, the work can't progress effectively. I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you next week. you are all in my prayers and I feel the effects of your prayers daily! Training is great! I'm exhausted, but it's a good exhaustion! I love you!!!!! Until next week, GOD SPEED!

All my love,
Sister Stadler

P.S. let me know about the pearls! They really are beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment