Monday, April 26, 2010

Dear family! This week has been a doozie. I have never been so punted in my entire time here in the mission. It seems everyone had an excuse as to why they couldn't be taught this week, or they hid from us (my person favorite..haha...it's always funny to call them out on it) OR they just weren't at home for the entire week. We took a lot of time to visit less actives and recent converts though. It's really hard when you can't tract. Our OYM count was way good this week though and we were able to find the little home of Elmo, a man we OYM'd our first transfer together. He was super interested with his wife, but we couldn't ever find his home and we didn't have any info to find him. He says he's only able to hear the lessons on Sundays though..which is hard, but with faith and prayer, hopefully he will be more available. He's just working ALL the time to put food on the table for his family. So..I am going to tell you this because you told me to be open with you..but don't freak out mom, ok? :) LOVE YOU! Alright...so funny that you said in your email that you pray for my safety twice a day...well keep praying because it paid off today. Sister Flores and I were walking on the street, we just got off a jeepnie and were transfering to another jeepnie to get to a mall we needed to get to. We were walking down the street ( and in the Philippines, there are little or no rules when it comes to driving.) People drive up on sidewalks and in the wrong lane and it's just insane...but remarkably they are basically NO accidents. SO...we're walking right down the street and we're not in like the middle of the road or anything..we're on the side of the road, out of nowhere my hand goes flying up into the air and I realize..I was just hit by a motorcyclist driving by. YEP...and Sister Flores says, 'What the heck??? What just happened?" The mirror of the motorcycle hit me about 4 inches below above my wrist on my arm. The guy didn't even notice that he hit me! It was insane! So at first I thought that maybe it was broken, but it didn't hurt at all...not even when it got hit. So Sister Flores, since she's a nurse...haha...runs to a business and gets a huge thing of ice and makes me ice it because it's already swollen and bruised 2 seconds after he hit it. ANYWAY..long story short. I'm totally fine and it doesn't hurt it all. The swelling is gone and I have a bruise now about the size of a nickel. BUT....I immediately had the thought, You have family praying for your safety every day, this was a direct answer to their prayers. If I had been 4 inches more into the street, it could have been disaster. SO...moral of the story: The Lord blesses His missionaries and prayers are answered. :) No worries Mom, Sister Flores now permanently makes me walk closest to the buildings. hahahaha! Alright...I'll work on getting a photo of a jeepnie for ya and a trik so you can see the difference. So we found an awesome investigator this week, his name is Jose. We OYM'd him. He is physically disabled and we wondered at first if he was all there, but he totally is!!! HE is remarkably smart and has such strong faith if God. I have learned so much from him and I have been so humbled each time we teach him. He can hardly walk and his home is the size of half of our bathroom back home. Actually more like mom and dad's bathroom without the shower section. His family abandoned him and now the neighbors have given him this little shack to stay in. BUT for CSP we did his laundry because he has nowhere to wash it and no one can wash it for him. Sister Flores as I have never had such fun washing the dirtiest clothes ever by hand. We were laughing so hard on our microscopic stools outside...and then we had a water fight. ANYWAY..back to the point...he came to general conference with us. (which by the way we were able to see all sessions. AMAZING!!!!!! I was frantically writing notes..love it). HOLY counsel about families!!!! Do we all need to step it up a notch or what? Think of the amazing spirits that were reserved for this time! It is terrifying and so exciting to think about having children at this time in the world. So every time we teach Jose, we always relate the lesson specifically to him and testify of God's love for him. He immediately, without fail, will say to us "Sisters, He loves everyone! Not just me!" He is so full of love and happiness and faith and I'm just excited to see where this goes. AND...he came to church and he already knew like 8 priesthood holders there at church! Everyone loves him!

Before I forget, Thank you Beehives, Tally, and Doone for your letters! I was so excited to get them and I promise I will write back soon. Also, Taylor, I got your letter! woohoo!! Sister Hudson, I got your note too! Thank you! Nami gid card! Sagad ka sa cardmaking. :) Robyn and Sean, it was so good to hear from both of you! I love you two so much and I can't wait to have a family get together in...forever...haha! Mom, the hair loss has settled down and everything is pretty good. I love you all to death. I love you all so much! Life is so good! The gospel is true. I have witnessed too many miracles in my life to ever deny the existance and tender love of my Heavenly Father. Study the Scriptures, Resist Satan's ridiculously cunning temptations and Pray like your life depends on it. ( Because as I learned today...sometimes it does) haha! I'll send some pictures next week.
All My Love,
Sister Stadler

P.S. Mom, tell Sven I love his stinkin missionary self and I can't wait to swap stories with him in...forever. :) OH..how is the produce guy and MaryEllen doing? I have been thinking about her lately. I love that woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment