Sunday, January 17, 2010

Well hello!
Transfers have officially happened and good grief I love my new companion, Sister Flores. She is from Quezon city, where my dear sweet Sister Ball is serving right now. I miss that woman. I just barely wrote her. My companion is so sweet and kind and is loving and so willing to help me with the language and is patient beyond belief!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN!!!! I love you tons and I hope you spend your birthday eating good food and loving life!
I got a mosquito net. lol..I feel like a princess each night when I go to bed. I ran into a palm reader..he asked me if I was a sickly child. Then he followed it up with.. "I don't know if your mother told you this or not..but when you were about 8 months old you were very ill." um...WHAT? MOM!!! What on earth...please tell me that I was a sickly child. Don't keep it from me! hahahahahaha! Lets see...Paul...I am trying to get protein. I eat peanut butter like there is no tomorrow and I eat tuna. Protein powder would be remarkable if you could send me that. Don't buy anything too pricey. Where are you looking for work? I pray like crazy that you will be successful in your line of work. I have faith. No worries..just keep doing what you're doing.
I extended my first baptismal invitation yesterday! I was amazing!!! This is the woman that Sister Sabasan and I found, Marygold Dulaca. We almost stopped visiting her because she would argue with us and then BOOM...she starts reading the Book of Mormon. Get this...we walk up to just visit her last week and she had a study journal out for her BofM study! She thought of that all on her own! I wanted to jump for joy. So Sister Flores knows sign language and she signs to me..."commit her!" So I invited and she said.. " I want to be baptized! So yes!" So she will be baptized on January 30th! We have 5 baptisms set up for this month. I am so pumped. Life is so good. I have a firm testimony that Heavenly Father Answers our prayers. Rarely they are answered in the way we want them to be, but they are answered. Paul...your letter was just what I needed last week. I read it on a jeepnie. I cried and cried and laughed and cried again. I'm sure they all think I'm crazy. Thank you for writing! Some of the things you said were just what I needed to get me through my last week. I love this quote. It is from a book that Elder Wirthlin wrote. This is a man who studied what causes happiness in our lives..he studied it for 25 years...here is what he found, " The best moments in our lives usually occur when a person's body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile." AMEN! That is a mission! This is such a wonderful work and I thank my Heavenly Father every single day to be a part of it. The church is true! Life is good! I love you all and pray for you day and night. Keep the spirit with you in your lives. Don't do anything.. ANYTHING...no matter how small or insignificant it seems to hinder the spirit. Without it, we put ourselves in danger. Press forward, study the scriptures daily and show Christ's love to everyone you can. Life is too short to be selfish. I love you tons, write me!

ALL MY LOVE
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment