Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good grief...time is flying. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day! This is going to be super short today. Life is good. The work was really hard this week, tends to be a pattern now in the mission, but that's okay. Our baptism canceled on us 10 minutes because it was scheduled to take place. It's okay though. He's 9, his mom just decided she wanted to wait for her husband to get home to baptize him. here's the hitch, they don't know when they will be able to afford to have him return home. We're praying it is next week. Transfer announcements are tomorrow. I'm freaking out. Rumor has it I'm going senior. I hear I may be going to an area called Victoria's. It's still on Negros. I'm pretty much positive that I'll be staying on this island when they split the mission. Time will tell! Next transfer will be the final blow. Pray for me..I don't feel ready in the least to go senior, especially since I'll be jumping from follow up trainee to senior. But...I'll go where HE wants me to go, no? We started teaching the Yusala family. The dad is a member, less active and they have a huge amount of children. They didn't follow through with their commitment to go to church, but I feel they will. The mother just eats up the lessons and the children are all super well behaved and sing their songs about Jesus Christ that they learned in their other church's Sunday school. We one upped them with a good old rendition of "The Wise Man Built his House Upon the Rock"...with actions. booya! haha! They liked it. I'm feeling popcorn popping next time followed with I am a Child of God. haha. I can't believe this is my last week in this area. It's 6 months now that I have been in Bago, a super super super long time. I'm definitely ready to move on, a little scared though. I think I already started putting roots down here. Ayos lang! Sister Flores keeps saying that I need to stretch and grow, and president seems to have big plans for me too. Keep praying for my language skills. ah! Every time I feel like I'm doing pretty good I'm immediately humbled. :) It's great. I love this work. I have great hopes for the future. I've been impressed with my study of faith lately. I was telling mom about this, the Savior mentions over and over again that we need to Ask and we will receive, but we must ask in faith. SO...I'm asking...and I'm working and we'll see what the next few days hold. I love you all and you're all in my prayers. Stay strong, do what you know is right and share the gospel! Until next week, GOD SPEED!!!!
All my love,
Sister Stadler

No comments:

Post a Comment