Monday, February 22, 2010

Dearest family,
Well transfer announcements are this week and I'm feeling like I'll be sent, but who knows. I'll find out on Wednesday. This is going to be a shorter email because we have tons of things to do today for Pday. This week has been wonderful. We had more teachings than I think I've had on any other week of my mission. This Saturday we have the 4 baptisms of the warriors! :) And we have one next Saturday too. This last Saturday Sister Theresa was baptized!!!! FINALLY!!!! She went through like 4 sets of missionaries. It was beautiful. That woman has more courage than most women I know. She came, alone, to the baptism. Her family all came up with excuses last minute why they couldn't go. But she was happy and you could see it on her face. She knows the gospel is true. As for Brother Jessie, unfortunately he didn't show up to church. How do you get people to realize that faith is real???? That it is powerful!! Thank you for your prayers though and your faith. We just need to help him realize it for himself. I'm so glad you're going to be able to go to Utah after all. See....no need to worry! I continue to pray for all of you and I hope you all take many pictures for my when you're there. :) I miss you all so much. Paul, how is the job search going? Where are you looking to go? Sean, are you alive????? :) haha! I miss ya like crazy! Robyn, did you get my letter yet? Amanda, I got your package :) THANK YOU! I wear the shirts every single day. Mom and Dad, be safe driving up to Utah! Everyone needs to give everyone a giant hug when you see each other ..my treat! :) Well, I love this gospel so much and I love being able to share it with the beautiful people of the Philippines. The field is truly ready to harvest...we just need to thrust in the sickle with all our might. After having harvested rice I realized that "thrusting" is indeed a necessity. Gently grazing the rice does nothing...and standing around waiting for the rice to come to me all harvested sure as heck didn't happen! I think too often we do that at home. We just don't look for opportunities to share the gospel. We want people to just walk up to us and ask for a Book of Mormon and an appointment with the missionaries. The gospel relates to any conversation! And most people LOVE to talk about themselves and their families...so bring it up in conversation, then testify...it only takes a few short sentences! The gospel is true, Christ is coming, time is ticking, these are souls we're talking about helping to save. I love you all so much and I look forward to more adventures to share with you. I continue to pray for you. LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Always,
Sister Stadler
P.S. The language is coming slowly, but looking back, I have learned a lot. People compliment me all the time, but I have no idea what they are saying when they compliment me....irony? Maybe. Also...I have decided that you know you are on a mission when all of your jokes come from quoting lines from Finding Faith in Christ and the Restoration movie. haha! Good grief I love my companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment